A board of six trustees has ultimate legal responsibility for the project. The trustees visit the project and meet in the UK three to four times a year together with the Project Manager . Trustees oversee the work of the project and ensure that our aims and objectives are being adhered to, that all financial arrangements are being carried out properly, and that a certain standard of health and safety is being maintained. In addition to the Trustees we also have a group of Advisors who provide support and help to their department of interest, or to the project in general. Most of the Trustees have a specific responsibility to one department at the project which entails the following:
- Maintaining continuity of oversight.
- Encouraging and implementing agreed plans and objectives.
- Supporting the staff member by written contact and discussion.
- Receiving, reading and acknowledging monthly reports.
- Receiving, reading and acknowledging periodic summaries, and checking that these appear on the web site.
- Looking at the viability of new projects.
- Checking on staff availability.
- Assisting in the appointment of new staff where applicable.
- Facilitating the paperwork for contracts, travel details etc for new staff.
In addition the trustees are also responsible for the Project Manager who in turn is responsible to them.
- Paul Freeman – Chair
- Jan Cliff – Secretary
- James Curry – Appropriate Technology
- Steve Lance – Dryland Management
- Mick Floss – Communication & Education
- Paul Freeman – Eco-Construction & Maintenance
- Almudena Gill Marti – Sustainable Living
- Bernhard Hartl – Organic Gardening
- Zelda Levy (Bookkeeper)
- Arnold Pease (Mycorrhizal Project)
- Patricia Cañas Rios (Communication & Education)
- In Memory of Sunseed Trustee Tim Eiloart.
Currently there is No Trustee vacancy. If you feel that you would like to get involved with the Sunseed Project as a Trustee or Advisor please contact the Project to receive more details.