A board of six trustees has ultimate legal responsibility for the project. The trustees visit the project and meet in the UK three to four times a year together with the Project Manager. Trustees oversee the work of the project and ensure that our aims and objectives are being adhered to, that all financial arrangements are being carried out properly, and that a standard of health and safety is being maintained. In addition to the Trustees we also have a group of advisors who provide support and help to their department of interest, or to the project in general. Most of the Trustees have a specific responsibility to one department at the project which entails the following:
- Maintaining continuity of oversight.
- Encouraging and implementing agreed plans and objectives.
- Supporting the staff member by written contact and discussion.
- Receiving, reading and acknowledging monthly reports.
- Receiving, reading and acknowledging periodic summaries, and checking that these appear on the web site.
- Looking at the viability of new projects.
- Checking on staff availability.
- Assisting in the appointment of new staff where applicable.
- Facilitating the paperwork for contracts, travel details etc for new staff.
In addition the trustees are also responsible for the Project Manager who in turn is responsible to them.
- Rebecca Gibbs – Chairperson & Sustainable Living
- Steve Lance – Dryland Management & Appropriate Technology
- Hugo Gonzalez Martinez – Communication & Education
- Jyoti Tyler – Eco-Construction & Maintenance
- Bernhard Hartl – Organic Gardening
Sunseed’s strategic plan : Strategic Development Plan 2011 -2016