(To be read in conjunction with the Background Information and Selection Procedure that gives additional information about working and living at Sunseed).
This role will begin as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Sunseed is a community-led educational center that has been existing for more than 30 years and is now in the process of adopting a more horizontal structure inspired by Sociocracy. In this context, the goal of the Administration Coordinator role is to have an oversight on the legal requirements, the finances and the recruitment procedures of the project. The Administration Coordinator cooperates at the same time with the other members of the Facilitation Team to enhance horizontal decision-making, take care of the people’s well-being and in the general project management.
The person appointed to this role should be able to take responsability for the key tasks and be willing to progressively assume the shared tasks, allowing a smooth turnover within the team.
- Devise and keep updated a system of financial control, monthly reporting of expenses and income to staff and Trustees.
- Predict income and examine expenditure to identify areas where more resource is required.
- Induction for new staff making sure all staff have all necessary information about how Sunseed works and their role in it.
- Supervise Bookings, Arrivals, General requests and Volunteer Experience together with the Facilitation Assistant.
- Manage legal documents including insurances, taxes, deeds, local facilities, contracts and agreements, etc.
- Liaise with the rest of the Facilitation Team to manage the office, ensure the production of written reports and the high level of learning for all at Sunseed.
- Have an overview of the operation of the project and departmental activities to inform staff in order to enhance collective decision making and long term and short term planning.
- Monitor project well-being, and look to ways to enhance the Sunseed experience, supervising and supporting a smooth running of the project, monitoring social sustainability and leading conflict resolution when necessary.
- Supply regular reports to the Board of Trustees both in written form and verbally at Trustee meetings.
- Represent Sunseed in the village and outside of Sunseed.
- Collating all suggestions from the Sunseed community to inform Strategy.
- Oversee Health and Safety and risk assessments with other coordinators.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Commitment to promoting low-impact living
- Excellent organisational abilities and financial acumen
- Good communication skills, including ability to work as part of a closely-integrated team; and the confidence, sensitivity, patience and open mindedness to work with all members of the Sunseed community
- Ability to set targets, identify priorities and monitor progress
- Be highly flexible – willing to work ‘out of hours’ when needs must
- Ability to delegate and supervise volunteers
- Ability to live in a basic communal environment with limited resources and the desire to live and work closely with community members
- Ability to document and evaluate work
- Initiative and imagination and sense of humour!
- Previous knowledge of NGO administration
- An understanding of organisational structures, particularly non-hierarchical organisations and those in the third sector
- Good spoken Spanish and English, (and/or other European Language) or willingness to learn
- Age 25+, full driving license, for at least 5 years
- Experience of Health and Safety issues
To apply for this role: Please send an email with the subject line ‘Administration Coordinator application’ and your CV and letter of motivation stating how you meet the responsibilities of the post, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and the position will be appointed once a suitable candidate has been found.