(To be read in conjunction with the Background Information and Selection Procedure that gives additional information about working and living at Sunseed)
Whether you’re a communications professional looking for a new challenge, or a web-savvy individual looking to start out in the world of NGO communications, this is the role for you! The Communication Co-ordinator is responsible for developing the public face of Sunseed Desert Technology to volunteers, networks, educational institutions, potential donors, the media and other organisations and individuals at a local, national and international level. This position involves ensuring that the information we put out is engaging, up-to-date, relevant, and attracts people to visit and fund the project. The work is diverse and wide ranging and includes scope for new ideas and input depending on the skills and knowledge of the co-ordinator. The Communications co-ordinator works with all other department co-ordinators to ensure that the information on our website, in our leaflets and on site is accurate and fully up to date.
The role involves the following responsibilities:
- Producing Sunseed e-newsletters
- Maintaining and developing Sunseed’s website, social media profiles and other web presence
- Producing other publicity materials such as posters, postcards, fliers and information as needed
- Ensuring all project documentation is up to date and consistent in style
- Ensuring that as much as possible Sunseed literature is in both English and Spanish
- Approaching both Spanish and English media (magazines, websites, radio, TV etc.) regarding possible features, articles and broadcasts about Sunseed
- Advertising the project cost-effectively
- Helping organise and publicise special events such as courses, guided tours and open days with the Education Coordinator
- Organising and representing Sunseed at events
- Maintaining and building Sunseed’s relationships with local, national and international networks
- General office support as needed
Essential Skills and Experience
- Commitment to promoting low-impact sustainable living
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong IT and web skills
- Ability to work as part of a closely-integrated team; patience and open mindedness to work with all members of the Sunseed community in a non-hierarchical (consensus decision making) organisational method
- Highly organised and calm under pressure
- Excellent English and strong working knowledge of Spanish
- Be highly flexible – willing to work ‘out of hours’ when needs must
- Ability to live in a basic communal environment with limited resources and the desire to live and work closely with community members
- Knowledge and experience of platforms such as Mailchimp and WordPress
- Social media, copywriting and digital communications experience a strong advantage
- Age 26+, full driving license, ability to drive a van (highly desirable)
- First aid training
This role is open solely to individuals with EU nationality or the right to work in the EU already secured. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to support Employer Sponsorship packages or similar.
Coordinators receive full room and board, besides a small monthly stipend that covers all necessities. The rewards are innumerable and include living and working in a community based within an ecovillage in Southern Spain, with open-minded individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds, and to contribute meaningfully towards the development of a well-established NGO.
To apply for this role: Please fill in the form https://goo.gl/forms/JgMo9KYyN1yAG6ax2
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and the position will be appointed once a suitable candidate has been found.