(To be read in conjunction with the Background Information and Selection Procedure that gives additional information about working and living at Sunseed.)
This role will begin in April, 2018.
The Education Coordinator is responsible for developing the overall educational aspect of Sunseed Desert Technology for volunteers and staff as well as connecting to networks, potential funding sources, a well as other organisations and educational institutions and individuals in a local, national and international level. The position involves close collaboration with the facilitation team and all other Coordinators to ensure that Sunseed’s development as an educational center of experiential/informal learning, through the delivery of successful educational experiences, both internally and externally. The work is diverse and wide-ranging, depending on the skills and knowledge of the successful candidate.
- Support the successful completion of the European Voluntary Service programme
- Facilitation of paperwork and other aspects of internship programs e.g. Erasmus+
- Researching educational strategies, activities and programmes
- Networking with local education institutions and projects
- Making and maintaining relationships with Universities, student associations and other educational groups, etc.
- Represent Sunseed in public events, like talks and conferences
- Organize educational activities like: courses, workshops, open days, external visits, school visits, group visits, guided tours, seminars
- Develop and oversee a working mentoring system for volunteers and staff at Sunseed
- Encourage the development of the monitoring and the evaluation of activities and learning processes
- Encourage the participation of staff members in courses and seminars for their further skill development
- Maintaining and improving signs around the project
- Conducting tours and giving information to visitors
- Organising activities for volunteers within the education department and its work
- Monitoring and recording internships and feedback forms
- Maintaining files of important contact information on different organisations/networks, materials etc. and ensuring they are properly archived
- Writing blogs and articles related to the educational activity at Sunseed
- Ensuring that all online Project Packs are up to date
- Researching and writing grant applications to funding sources
- Organising fundraising events
- Ensuring that all interns and long term volunteers receive Sunseed certificates
- Commitment to promoting low-impact living and environmental education.
- Confident in public speaking, workshop delivery and facilitation with young people.
- Initiative and creativity to explore new opportunities, networks and ideas.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to work as part of a closely-integrated team; patience and open mindedness to work with all members of the Sunseed community in a non-hierarchical organisational method
- Excellent spoken English and Spanish
- Previous experience in educational administration environment
- Previous experience with grant writing
- Previous experience living in a community environment
- Age 25+, full driving license, for at least 5 years
- Experience of Health and Safety issues
- First Aid Qualification
The rewards are innumerable and include living and working in a community based within an ecovillage in Southern Spain, with open-minded individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds, and to contribute meaningfully towards the development of a well-established NGO.
To apply for this role, please send an email with the subject line ‘Education Coordinator – Sunseed staff application’ and your CV and letter of motivation stating how you meet the responsibilities of the post, to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and the position will be appointed once a suitable candidate has been found.