(To be read in conjunction with the Background Information and Selection Procedure that gives additional information about working and living at Sunseed)
This role will begin as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
The goal of the Facilitation Coordinator role is to have a general vision and oversight of project development and department activities, to be a main link between staff/departments, and is positioned to improve collective decision making on a short, mid, and long term basis, based on the Project Annual Plan and developments within the community.
- Have an overview of the operation of the project and departmental activities to inform staff in order to enhance collective decision making and long term and short term planning.
- Monitor project well-being, and look to ways to enhance the Sunseed experience, supervising and supporting a smooth running of the project, monitoring social sustainability and leading conflict resolution when necessary.
- Supply regular reports to the Board of Trustees both in written form and verbally at Trustee meetings.
- Devise and keep updated a system of financial control, monthly reporting of expenses and income to staff and Trustees.
- Induction for new staff making sure all staff have all necessary information about how Sunseed works and their role in it.
- Supervise Bookings, Arrivals, General requests and Volunteer Experience with the Facilitation Assistant.
- Liaise with the Communication and Education departments to manage the office and ensure the high level of learning for all at Sunseed.
- Work with the Office team to ensure the production of written reports for the project
- Manage legal documents including insurances, taxes, deeds, local facilities, contracts and agreements, etc.
- Predict income and examine expenditure to identify areas where more resource is required.
- Represent Sunseed in the village and outside of Sunseed.
- Collating all suggestions from the Sunseed community to inform Strategy.
- Oversee Health and Safety and risk assessments with other coordinators.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Commitment to promoting low-impact living
- Excellent personal organisational abilities and financial acumen
- Good communication skills, including ability to work as part of a closely-integrated team; and the confidence, sensitivity, patience and open mindedness to work with all members of the Sunseed community
- Ability to set targets, identify priorities and monitor progress
- Be highly flexible – willing to work ‘out of hours’ when needs must
- Ability to delegate and supervise volunteers
- Ability to live in a basic communal environment with limited resources and the desire to live and work closely with community members
- Ability to document and evaluate work
- Initiative and imagination for a central role in the Sunseed community
- Previous knowledge of NGO administration
- An understanding of organisational structures, particularly non-hierarchical organisations and those in the third sector
- Good spoken Spanish and English, (and/or other European Language) or willingness to learn
- Age 25+, full driving license, for at least 5 years
- Experience of Health and Safety issues
- Sense of humour (probably essential!)
To apply for this role: Please send an email with the subject line ‘Facilitation Coordinator application’ and your CV and letter of motivation stating how you meet the responsibilities of the post, to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and the position will be appointed once a suitable candidate has been found.