(To be read in conjunction with the Background Information and Selection Procedure that gives additional information about working and living at Sunseed).
This role will begin once a suitable candidate has been found.
About the role
If you are a passionate food lover, Sunseed may be the right place for you to experiment how to coordinate delicious vegetarian cooking for a challenging sustainable, low-impact community! The Sustainable Living Assistant/Food Focalizer is dedicated to carrying out responsibilities related to the food management as a whole. You will be caring from the shopping/ordering process to the consumption of goods, considering organizational, nutritious and educational aspects.
- Coordinate the volunteers in the kitchen and help them cooking
- Plan a balanced vegetarian weekly diet
- Organize the shopping according to our food policy
- Promote solar and energy-efficient cooking
- Supervise food storage and avoid food waste
- Coordinate with the gardens’ team
- Support SL coordinator in preserving, foraging and baking
- Ability to communicate well in Spanish and English
- Experience in nutrition and cooking
- Age 26+, full driving license for at least 5 years
- Ability to drive a van
- First aid training
To apply for this role: Please send an email with the subject line ‘SL – Sunseed staff application’ and your CV and letter of motivation stating how you meet the responsibilities of the post, to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and the position will be appointed once a suitable candidate has been found.