Between 21-25 March we will host Xana Piteira and Maria Rute Costa from Orla Design that will show us a pattern language for more conscious collaboration from small start-ups to large international networks.
As people are looking for less hierarchical models to collaborate, we need structures and processes that enable effective cooperation and transformation of challenges and conflicts into opportunities to learn and grow. Sociocracy 3.0 training is a practical 4-day guide for evolving agile and resilient groups and organizations of any size.Book your place
Xana Piteira and Maria Rute Costa work together since 2012. With various trainings and experiences in participatory learning and tools for organization and community dynamics, they find in Sociocracy 3.0 a precious source for collaborative work in multiple scales and personal development. Since they participated in several S3 trainings with James Priest and Lili David, they have been applying S3 in various contexts and accepting invitations to share their experience and the fundaments for its application.
More about them:
- dinner 20:00
- opening circle
|16:00||Navigate Via Tension
Proposal Forming – Pattern
|18:00||Proposal Forming – Demo
Consent Decision Making – Pattern
Consent Decision Making – Practice
|11:30||Role Description and S3lection
Role S3lection – Demo
Role S3lection and Proposal Forming – Practice
Consent to Proposal – Practice
Bringing in S3
- Driver Mapping – how to kick off projects
DURING THIS COURSE YOU WILL KNOW AND UNDERSTAND:
– General concepts and history, basic principles and dimensions of Sociocracy 3.0 (S3);
– A majority of patterns for evolving agile and resilient organizations, understanding their purpose and application;
– Decision making processes that bring equivalence to collaboration;
– Tools to distribute and organize work effectively, while fostering engagement and self-responsibility;
– Several ways of bringing in S3 into different contexts, and how to build an organization; from scratch, moving from concepts to actions in self-organizing groups.
DURING THIS COURSE YOU WILL EXPERIENCE WAYS TO:
– Identify and communicate organisational needs, and learn how it can improve its ability to respond consciously and in continuous improvement;
– Learn how to facilitate and participate in collaborative practices that enable transparency, effectiveness, empiricism and consent;
– Identify specific patterns and practices to respond to specific needs of an organization;
– Learn how to co-create proposals effectively and evolving agreements and guide others to
– Develop reflexivity while exploring S3 practices, in order to enable personal and group development.
The course will take place in Sunseed – community-led non-formal educational centre for the transition towards sustainability in Andalusia, Spain. In the beautiful off-grid ecovillage of Los Molinos del Río Aguas, our lively international community works and learns together to develop, demonstrate, research and communicate accessible ways to reduce our environmental impact.
The accommodation is basic as we live in the natural reserve. We have outdoor compost toilets, solar panels, two solar heated showers and heating of the communal areas with the wooden/masonry stoves.
We would love to invite you to contribute depending on your financial capacity using the sliding scale between 225€-290€. The price includes:
- 4 day course,
- basic accomodation in the dormitory,
- 3 vegetarian meals a day.
If you have any question contact us: sunseed (at) sunseed.org.uk