Minimum duration: 2 months
An exciting opportunity to work with Sunseed, a community-led educational centre existing for more than 30 years. Our Vision is to discover how to live a healthy and ecologically responsible life working in harmony with nature. We do this by realising, demonstrating and communicating appropriate and low-technology solutions to support a low-impact lifestyle. If you are committed to living a low impact life then this could be the internship for you.
The Communications Intern will work in the office and will be supported by the Communications Coordinator. The team coordinates the education of volunteers and visitors, and the production of educational and publicity material.
- Producing Sunseed e-newsletters
- Maintaining and developing Sunseed’s website, social media profiles and other web presence
- Producing other publicity materials such as posters, postcards, fliers and information as needed
- Ensuring all project documentation is up to date and consistent in style
- Ensuring that as much as possible Sunseed literature is in both English and Spanish
- Approaching both Spanish and English media (magazines, websites, radio, TV etc.) regarding possible features, articles and broadcasts about Sunseed
- Advertising the project cost-effectively
- Helping organise and publicise special events such as courses, guided tours and open days with the Education Coordinator
- Help organising Sunseed events
- Maintaining and building Sunseed’s relationships with local, national and international networks
- General office support as needed
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Commitment to promoting low-impact living
- Good organisational abilities
- Good communication skills, including ability to work as part of a closely-integrated team; and the confidence, sensitivity, patience and open mindedness to work with all members of the Sunseed community
- Graphic design or photoshop experience
- Own laptop with software installed
- Proven experience with engaging with a diverse audience
- Ability to set targets, identify priorities and monitor progress
- Be flexible
- Ability to live in a basic communal environment with limited resources and the desire to live and work closely with community members
- Ability to document and evaluate work
- Initiative and imagination and sense of humour!
- Knowledge and experience of platforms such as Mailchimp and WordPress
- Social media, copywriting and digital communications experience a strong advantage
- Media/PR experience
- Previous knowledge of NGO administration
- An understanding of organisational structures, particularly non-hierarchical organisations and those in the third sector
- Previous work experience with volunteers ideally in a support role
- A strong affinity with Sunseed’s vision and mission
- Good spoken Spanish and English
- Clean driving license if over 26 years of age
This position is a learning opportunity to gain valuable knowledge in the running of an established NGO, in working closely with different departments, and in off-grid, sustainable, community living. The Intern will work closely with the Communications Coordinator to ensure the educational potential of her or his responsibilities and overall experience are fulfilled.
Please note, the successful applicant will work and occasionally guide other volunteers in and simultaneously learn from our currentCommunications Coordinator. The period of appointment in this role is for 2-6 months.
The cost of the learning opportunity is 100€ / week. All food, accommodation, and amenities are provided (internet, soap, eco-detergent, etc.). Please get in contact with your university for financing opportunities.
To apply for this role: Please fill in the form https://goo.gl/forms/oqNCVRmenX098v1W2