Tecnologia del Desierto
Frequently asked questions
Yes! Please visit the page JOIN US to learn more about different ways of becoming part of the project and follow the instructions (previous booking / specified arrival days / applications for becoming a staff member/Erasmus+ program participant). Spontaneous showing-up is a no go, please respect our communal daily life rhythm.
The tasks are changing depending on the season and project's priorities. Have a look at the DEPARTAMENTS page to get an overview. If you have concrete expectations about your stay please send us an email to confirm that the area of your interest will be covered during your stay.
Please visit the section What does my contribution cover? on the About page to learn more.
Please visit the section DO pack/Do NOT pack on the About page to learn more.
Arrival days are only on Tuesdays. Departure days are flexible.
- Have a look at the map to know where we are.
- Try travelling by land using public transport to minimise CO2 emissions.
- The local company alsa.es offers transport from Almería and Murcia to the closest town Sorbas. To get to Almería or Murcia you can search for a rail connection on renfe.es
- You can also share a car using blablacar.es. You can either search a ride to Sorbas or look for a popular connection Almería Málaga - Vera / Murcia / Alicante and hop off here (salida 504).
- Have a scenic 1-hour hike from the point of your drop off to Sunseed!
We have no pet policy. They are not allowed indoors as current or future Sunseeders might be allergic and for sanitary reasons. On top of that, there are many animals in the village that do not belong to Sunseed, we have no supervision over them and they might not get along well with your companion. If you wish to visit us, please leave your pet under the care of someone trusted in the place that you live.
Sunseed is a transient group and the number of people staying here is changing on a daily basis. The number of inhabitants can go down to 10 In the low season, and up to 40 in the high season. The average is around 15.
We do not offer work exchanges. If you are interested in joining the team please have a look at our staff vacancies page.