To discover how to live a healthy and ecologically responsible life working with nature
To realise, demonstrate and communicate appropriate and low-technology solutions that support a low-impact lifestyle.
Our Commitment is to live with low impact on the environment we live in:
- we operate closed loop systems for all our raw materials such as water and food waste
- we use solar power to generate electricity – the whole village is off-grid for power
- we maintain organic gardens
- we research and manage drylands to protect soil from erosion
- we eat a vegetarian diet
- we build and use energy efficient devices such as solar ovens, thermal mass stoves, solar dryers, a haybox
- we reduce, reuse, repair and recycle as much as we can
In 2011 Sunseed celebrated 25 years of work, play, research, learning and transformation. We also continue looking forward to Sunseed’s adaptation and evolution with the new challenges of the 21st Century. Read more….
Who lives here
The staff team has a core of seven Coordinators who are here all year. They are supported by assistants who usually stay between 3-6 months. Each Coordinator is responsible for a Department and there are 6: Appropriate Technology; Eco-Construction & Maintenance; Drylands Management; Organic Growing; Sustainable Living and Communication and Education. Read more…
As a British charity and a Spanish Association we have a board of Trustees who oversee the work of the project and ensure that our aims and objectives are being adhered to, that all financial arrangements are being carried out properly, and that a certain standard of health and safety is being maintained. Some live in Spain and others in the UK. Read more….
Friends of Sunseed
Many of those who have spent time at Sunseed form a lasting attachment to both the valley and people they meet here. To preserve such links and to create a firm base of supporters for Sunseed, we have established the Friends of Sunseed (FOS). Read more…
Strategic Plan 2011-16
This is the five year plan we are working to at the moment. Go to this page to get a download.