To discover how to live a healthy and ecologically responsible life working in harmony with nature.
To realise, demonstrate and communicate appropriate and low-technology solutions that support a low-impact lifestyle.
Our Commitment is to live with low impact on the environment we live in:
- we operate closed loop systems for all our raw materials such as water and food waste
- we use solar power to generate electricity – the whole village is off-grid for power
- we maintain organic gardens
- we research and manage drylands to protect soil from erosion
- we eat a vegetarian diet
- we build and use energy efficient devices such as solar ovens, thermal mass stoves, solar dryers, a haybox
- we reduce, reuse, repair and recycle as much as we can
In 2016 Sunseed will celebrate 30 years of work, play, research, learning and transformation. We’re looking forward to Sunseed’s adaptation and evolution with new challenges and the constant flow of new ideas and energy through our village with each new volunteer. Read more about Sunseed’s history.
Who lives here
The staff team has a core of coordinators who are here all year. They are supported by assistants who usually stay between 3-6 months. Each Coordinator is responsible for a Department. Read more about our staff team.