Meet the team
Sunseed is a project of constant transition and knowledge-sharing. All our voluntary staff members offer their skills and energy to support our mission of low-impact living and environmental integrity. From self-sustainability and green energy, to community living, all our visitors gain practical experience to replicate in their own countries around the world.
Sustainable Living Coordinator
Appopriate Technology Coordinator
Organic Gardens Coordinator
Our board of six trustees has legal responsibility for Sunseed. The trustees oversee the work of the projects and ensure that our aims and objectives are being adhered to, that all financial arrangements are carried out, and that a good standard of health and safety is maintained. In addition to the Trustees, we also have a group of advisors who provide support for their department of interest, or to the project in general.
Most of our trustees have a specific responsibility to one department, which entails the following:
- Maintaining continuity of oversight.
- Encouraging and implementing agreed plans and objectives.
- Supporting the staff members by written contact and discussion.
- Receiving, reading and acknowledging monthly reports.
- Receiving, reading and acknowledging periodic summaries, and checking that these appear on the website.
- Looking at the viability of new projects.
- Checking on staff availability.
- Assisting in the appointment of new staff where applicable.
- Facilitating the paperwork for contracts, travel details etc for new staff.
- Emma Stopford
- Steve Lance
- Hugo Gonzalez Martinez
- Jyoti Tyler
- Martin Hyams
- Diego Chico de Guzman